Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Green Smoothies

One day in 2009, I was making a smoothie and thought ....."I'm going to try to put greens in here, why not?"  So I added spinach in.   Weeks after I started making green smoothies, one of my friends came to my health store and asked me if I had heard of Green Smoothie Girl....I said, "no but I already make green smoothies."   So I always tell my kids I created green smoothies😍.  Smoothies are a great way to get awesome nutrients into your body.  They can be very simple or more complicated depending on what you want to put in them.  You can make them thicker or thinner depending on your preference, and can make them like ice cream.  I highly recommend getting a good blender.  I love Vitamix, Blendtec, and Nutribullet is great for small quantity blending.  I love to get frozen fruit from Costco and preferably Organic.
Here is a good basic smoothie guideline.....

Besides plain water for my liquid base, sometimes I use my homemade kombucha.  I use about 4-5 cups of liquid for 64 ounces of smoothie.  I will also put green powders (I like Dr. Mercola and Dr. Axe's), moringa, and Green Smoothie Girls bone broth powder is an awesome addition.  Adding coconut milk powder in is also really good.....I add 1/2 - 1 cup for every 64 ounces of smoothie.   I also sometimes add organic rolled oats (not quick).  Adding protein or a healthy fat in will keep you full longer, I highly recommend adding a really good protein powder.  Rotating chia, hemp, and flax seeds is a good way to get different nutrients, and also rotating what fruits you use.  I love to use one or two bananas for every 64 ounces, and if you like a more icy cold smoothie, keep frozen bananas ready to use. Ceylon cinnamon is something I regularly put in.    I also add Oceans Alive drops into each of my kids cups, as it is really good for them and especially for their brains.   Like everything else, it takes practice and finding what works for you.  Changing the way you eat is like learning a new language.  Add what you can handle and do what you can and be proud of yourself for the positive changes you make.  When I first started changing my food, I went full force and it was very overwhelming for me and my family.  Add what you can a little a day at a time without stressing yourself out and eventually you will  have many healthy things in your life.  You are worth it and your health is priceless. Love yourself through the process, and have fun.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Homemade Cough Syrup

Cough Syrup  (for allergies, sore throat, and cough) 3 TBS Fresh Lemon Juice or Raw Apple Cider Vinegar 1/4 Cup Raw Honey 2 TBS Extra Vi...